Popular Post

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Link roundup

1. I finally saw Deathly Hallows part 2. All in all I thought it was great, with the talk with the Ravenclaw ghost being especially cool. The special effects were terrific, aside from the horrendous broomstick escape from the flames. And the scene with Dumbledore in limbo flickered so badly (in 2D) that I had to look away.

2. Grant Morrison doesn't like superfans (to say the least). The excerpt mentions Morrison's take on Mark Millar's Wanted. A few years ago, I'd heard so much about Wanted that I picked up an issue and was absolutely horrified by what I was reading.

3. Is this from The Onion? Google is offering a credit card "with what it calls a competitive interest rate, an ample credit line and no annual fee. The catch: it can only be used to buy search advertising on the world's No.1 Internet search engine." Via.

No comments:

Post a Comment